First problem would be that it would boot up and just sit saying "Waiting for LLDP." After some hunting around I realized that the 5600s and 1600s use option 242. So I jumped into my DHCP server and added a scope option for 242. Put in the following info that was already in my 176 scope option. "MCIPADD=XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX,MCPORT=1719,TFTPSRVR=XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX" (You will need to add something else to this so jump below to grab the full portion)
It boot up and I was able to login. The phone was still acting a little funny. IE lots of the buttons were acting wierd. No Visual voice as well as a couple of other things. After running around long enough I found out that the phone needs to grab IP Office specific firmware. If your IP Office was purchased with the 6.0 release then you can skip the next step. If you upgraded it to 6.0(9600 are only supported starting at release 6.0) then do the following.
- In the Avaya IP Office R6 Manager click on "File>Advanced>Embedded File Management..."
- Login and then click on "File>Upload System Files" (May be File>Upload Phone Files if you are running an earlier version of the manager)
The addresses should be your IPO Unit, although depending on your setup it may be a little different. After adding the option and rebooting I was good to go. Hope this saves someone time they shouldn't have to waste.